Onions- 3 (2 chopped finely and 1 into rings)
Rice- 250 Gms
Oil- 2 tbsp
Water- 400 ml
• Wash the carrots and onions.
• Grate the carrots finely and chop the onions finely and into rings.
• Wash the rice and heat up oil in a pressure cooker.
• Add the onions paste and sauté.
• Then, add the carrots and stir for a minute.
• Add the rice stir well and pour the water. Season with salt to taste.
• Cook on high flame till one whistle then simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat up oil in a pan and fry the onions rings till golden. Then add the cashew
nuts and fry together for a few seconds and remove from fire.
• When rice is ready, garnish the carrot rice with the caramelized onion rings and cashew
nuts and serve.
Recipe by – Esther M Sawian