This is a recipe for a ‘Cake Without Calories’ – well almost..
BANANA MILLET CAKE
3 medium sized bananas
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup millet flour
2 level tsp of baking powder
2 tsp powdered cinnamon or cardamom
Preheat oven at 180 C
1. Blend the wet ingredients into a smooth paste
2. Fold in the dry ingredients
3. Pour into a greased baking pan
4. Bake for 35- 45 minutes depending on the size. Insert a skewer into the center of the cake and see if it comes out clean (sign that it is cooked!)
Serve warm cake with cold vanilla, chocolate ice-cream or fresh fruit sauce.
And remember the best way to Support millet networks is to eat cake!
(recipe serves around 5 to 6 millet fans)
500 gm of fresh and sweet plums
100 gm of sugar
2 sticks of cinnamon (ground)
¼ cups of water
Juice of 1 orange
1. Put halved and deseeded plums into a saucepan.
2. Add sugar, water, orange juice and cinnamon sticks
3. Bring to boil and let simmer till plums are cooked and a thick consistency is reached.
Serve cold with Banana Millet Cake or Millet Pancake