Nutritional benefits of Jatira: The leaves and stems of the water celery are a good source of protein with vitamins A, B & C, iron, calcium, phosphorus and potassium.
Also, the cooked white roots are a source of carbohydrates.
- Smoked Beef (1kg)
- Jalei (1 bunch)
- Jatira (2 bunches)
- Onion (4 medium)
- Ginger (1 medium)
- Garlic (half a clove)
- 3 bay leaves
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil the smoked beef and keep it aside when it is tender
- Grind the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add the bay leaves.
- Add the grounded onion, ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add the beef and leave it for two minutes.
- In the mean time, quickly chop the jatira and jalei
- Add the chopped jatira to the beef and stir for another five minutes.
- Now, add the jalei and leave it for just a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.